Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Excitement for Esteli

I got transferred to the best area in the whole mission, Estelí. (= It´s so pretty here, and way less hot than Managua. Esteli gets lots of rain too, lots more than Managua! It´s much more of a community, farther away from the city, less dirty, and there are mountains! I can´t decide if my area in Managua or this area is more rich though. I still haven´t seen poor Nicaragua. My companion is super awesome too! Her name is Hermana Ochoa, she has 3 months on the mission and she´s so nice, funny, happy, teaches incredibly, and I finally have to speak spanish all the time! (= 

Esteli´s great, we have a really awesome recent convert family that are seriously so awesome and pilas and were so prepared. Right now we are teaching both of their moms and one of them accepted a baptismal date. We don´t have any super awesome families we´re teaching right now, but we´re teaching quite a few really cool investigators. Most of them we found through reactivating menos activos, members, and recent converts.

I really want to start and finish this area with faith and excitement. Some days I feel like I never stop praying, it´s just that I definitely figured out that I can´t do this alone. Every single minute matters on the mission, and I can´t convert people, and I´m not close to perfect, so I definitely pray a lot!
I love you all so much!
Hermana Merrill

La obediencia es el precio, la fe es el poder, el amor es el motivo, el Espíritu es la clave, y Jesucristo es la razón.

No comments:

Post a Comment