Tuesday, July 15, 2014

102 FAMILIES!

I thought I'd share some Miracles of the week.

Last week as a mission we baptized (in the month of June) 102 FAMILIES!!!
Our mission president and his wife even did there contribution as a family. (= I love them so much. Even with all that they do for us, and all their meetings they go to with missionaries and stake/branch Presidents, and take care of their young family, they took time to find, teach and baptize a family! 

Remember Roberto? We were teaching him with Hermana Tarax. He got sick and so was in Managua for a week, but told us he was going to come back for his baptism on the 28th but then we thought he left for good. I passed by his house this week just out of plain curiosity and he was there and ready to get baptized! This Saturday he got baptized. His eyes are injured and so he has a hard time reading, but even so he's read from 3rd Nephi 11-22. That's huge, especially for the people here who aren't accustomed to reading, but he loves it! I'll send you the pictures next week. (He always wears glasses because of his injured eyes)
Another Miracle: We have a recent convert whom I have never seen go to church and always looks so sad when we visit her. Sometimes we find her drinking when we stop by. But these last 2 Sundays she has gone to church! 

I'm good. Love you all lots!
Hermana Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment