Monday, January 13, 2014

Merrill & Morales in Matagalpa amongst Mountains and Miracles


Lets start off with 7 M's. I´m (Hermana Merrill) in Matagalpa, a place with mountains and miracles my companion´s name is Hermana Morales and there´s a really cool family that´s hopefully going to get baptized this Saturday named Marlon and Margelia. We have 39 recent converts!


Last week when I was still in Esteli, I had a really crazy week. I hardly didn´t get to work in my area. Monday was P-day, so I just worked at night.  Tuesday we had our weekly district meeting in the morning and then an hour after lunch, I got a phone call from my zone leader informing me that I needed to leave immediately for Managua. I was invited to an extra p-day that the president was taking all the leaders on and then a leaders meeting the next day. (All the leaders had sacrificed their P-day on Monday) I had to pack SO fast because it was New Years Eve, and as such we didn´t know when the last bus would leave for Managua. I dropped off my companion in Ciudad Dario and picked up another Hermana, that was invited and we headed for Managua. 

Wednesday we visited a volcano! It was really cool. AND I got to work the night in my old area in Managua, Bello Horizante. I got to see a few members and recent converts. It was a really cool day.




Hermana Merrill & Raymond


Hermana Gonzalez


Add caption











Then on Thursday We had a meeting until the afternoon and then we headed back to Ciudad Dario and Esteli. 

Bottom Line - I had Friday and Saturday to work in my area, but the volcano was really cool! 

My companion is so awesome. She really knows how to bring the spirit into lessons. It´s fun teaching with someone experienced! It's going to be a good transfer.  It´s really beautiful here we live in the mountains. Literally inside of them (=

Marlon (above) has problems with smoking but we're using a 7-day to baptism, 24 hour commitment technique, that I read about in a missionary book. He's going to conquer this addiction. It´s really powerful this lesson and plan. They're sooo cool. 
  
I really feel blessed.

Hermana Merrill

FYI from Tonya: I looked up Matagalpa on Wiki and this is what it said: 
"Nicaragua's sixth largest city and one of its most commercially active outside of Managua. Matagalpa is the second most important city in Nicaragua and is known as the "Pearl of the North" and "Land of Eternal Spring."  Looks like she is in a beautiful place once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment