Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Arrival in Nicaragua : May 6th Letter


President Arrendondo and his wife Lorena.  Heather's Companion Sister Chincilla from Costa Rica
We are guessing this is the welcome to Nicaragua meal.  The sister next to Heather is Sister Combe 

First Thank you sooo much for the package! I looove the stickers and the kids do too. I also love the pictures of our family, thanks so much! I've actually used them in a lesson. And the treats are perfect. 

Alright. Nicaragua. Nicaragua is fantastic. I don't even know what to say though. I couldn't even come close if I tried to describe it. Also my comp is so nice, and she really teaches so well! I couldn't ask for a better companion. We're teaching some awesome families. I'm excited for all of them. Belen, Jimmy and Sadia, and Maria I'm so excited for. Belen and Maria are families to complete (which means there spouses are members). Belen made us lunch this week, with dessert even. She made a fantastic key lime pie! Who does that?! Maria and Belen both have fecha's and they're all super tuanis (spanish word of the week, only here in Nicaragua, it means fantastic). Jimmy and Sadia came to church this Sunday and they loved it. They're real awesome, they know a lot about the bible and all the stuff we teach them really makes sense to them. The really great thing about it is that they ask tons of questions. I think they'll be really awesome members after they get baptized. (they don't have a fecha yet, but I know they will soon). I walk so much! Details I've forgotten my area is in Managua and it's called Bello Vista, and my companions name is Hermana Chinchilla. The food is pretty good. I don't really have complaints. I can already tell I'm going to lose weight here though. We eat lunch at an Hermanas house, and when we get home we eat dinner, but with all the walking we do by the time I get home I usually am just really thirsty and only eat a little bit. (I carry water with me, but it is quickly warm, so when I get home I usually drink about a liter of cold water from the fridge (= ). My president and wife are awesome! Hermana Arredondo is hilarious.
Heather

Heather with her CCM companion Sister Taylor

                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment