Thursday, June 13, 2013

His will becoming my will

Answers: Yes I definitely enjoyed the pollo. (she is responding to question regarding the whole chicken delivered to them) Yes we play sports on p-days. This p-day we played futball and I whipped all the elders (Just Kidding, solo un broma). We´ve also played kickball and volleyball. We were able to find some good prospects for investigators this week. We tried to visit some of them this week, but haven´t had much success reaching many of them in their homes. Lately seems like I´ve been led to study mercy and justice, obviously in connection with the atonement. It´s been really awesome. I love love love the study time in the mornings, definitely the highlight of my day. And about the ward. I play the piano every week in Sacrament meeting and this last week for the choir, because it was a ward conference this week! Sadia and Jimmy came to the church this Sunday which made me really happy. They came 30 or so minutes late, but miracles happen! I´m not sure what to do for that family, Sadia is so ready for baptism, but her husband has so many doubts. He´s evangelicist and knows the bible really well. He listens to his head more than his heart. He is open to learning our message, and much of the time really likes the knowledge. He doesn´t feel the message though, and still has many doubts and questions. his preacher also gives him lots of doubts. MY comp says this about him. If he wants the answers in the bible (which he usually does), we can give him the answers in the bible, that´s the great thing about the message, it´s perfect. The bible supports everything. Until he really feels the message though, until he knows in his heart that Joseph Smith was a prophet, that the BOM is true, that we have living prophets today who receive revelation, he´s not going to make any progress. He need to open his heart just a little bit. I totally know what you mean about prayer. Whenever I go into a prayer wanting to ask for something, I usually come out with a better way or like you said a heart more aligned to the will of His will. That is if I am willing to listen to him. Submitting my will to His is definitely one of the things I´m am learning to do on my mission. Trusting Him that His way is better than my way, and that if I put my life in his hands he will direct is better than I ever could. I´m not talking about part of my life. I mean all of my life, all of my desires whether they be bad OR good. All of my hopes and dreams changed for His hopes and dreams for me. That takes trust. Trust that He knows best, that that will make me happy, and even if not, that I should do it and in the end will be the best for me. Because really, who know best, me or God? God does want us to be happy though, and so when we trust his will over our own, we will be happy. Exchanges are this Wednesday. Which means more likely than not I´m losing my comp because she´s been in Bello Horizante for 7 MONTHS. This bishop likes to call the mission president and request that his missionaries (the ones he likes) not be transferred. So she´s been here for a long time, but at the last changes, Presidente said it would probably be her last. She great though, and we´re really starting to have fun and make progress together so I´ll really be sad to see her go. The other scary thing about her leaving is that I will need to orient my new trainer to the area. I will need to remember where all the houses of RC and families we are teaching as well as bus stops to the different areas and Hermana Chinchilla knew where lots of the members and menos activos lived which could make our days really productive. All I had to do was ask who could do this for us, or is there a menos activo that lives in this area we could visit, and she had a name and knew where to go. She´s super awesome. Hermana Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment