Friday, June 28, 2013

Heart or Head

Jimmy and Sadia didn´t get baptized this weekend.  But they had a date for this Saturday but it wasn´t  super firm. They say they just need some time. I know they know it´s true, they´ve both said as much and I know they´ve felt it! Just scared to take that step! Arenoldo got baptized and he´s going to be an awesome strength to the ward, (he comes every week already very consistently). 

The conference on Sunday was super super awesome! The Lord is at the head! I thought of you guys being at the conference at the same time as me! Our next mission president was there at the meeting- my comp picked him out out of all the mission presidents. I think if we can get some of their ideas rolling here in Nicaragua it would be super tuanis! I feel like in my area is a little stagnant right now, not exactly sure why. We're not having too much success finding new families to teach and all the families we are teaching seem to have continuing problems of why they aren´t progressing. Something I learned this week. There are 2 distinct types of knowledge. Heart knowledge and head knowledge. Most people believe the concepts of the church with their heads but not their hearts. Head knowledge can be given to people, can be shared. Heart knowledge is much more personal. Lots of times I think about this person or that person--if they only knew how much God blesses the people that follow him, they would... I can say this because I have received these blessings, I have seen the reward from the obedience. That step from head knowledge to heart knowledge, is always a leap of faith. It is after the obedience that we realize the blessing and look at our past actions and other people and say, "If I/ If they only knew!" After the faith comes the blessings, so have faith, leap and have obedience and the Lord is waiting to bless us!

Maria, had her baby this week! He is so tiny and cute! The people here in Nicaragua think that babies will get sick if someone who´s been out in the sun all day and looks at their baby will make it sick. They put a little bracelet on their babies with rocks and if someone does look at their baby it´s supposed to explode or disintegrate I think and protect their baby. 






I wish the ice cream here tasted like Breyers... (I don´t like it as much, but the McFlurries compensate... there´s a Mcdonalds in our area and sometimes we get some--yea, you don´t need to worry about me getting fed enough=) 
























                                                Love you all so much and love your letters!

I know a lot of things are going to change when our new mission president comes! That conference yesterday was the highlight of my week! It made me really excited to be a missionary at this time of great change. I remember stories where prophets or Christ is in a city and people flock to them, or they teach a whole ton of people on a hillside, or cities converting, or 3 thousand people being baptized in one day and wondering could this happen here, and if so how?! The conference reminded me that this truly is the Lord´s work and he is directing it, and I wrote down a few things that we could do better to work with the ward and members. and yes, we were listening to the same thing, at the same time (I thought about you guys watching it too!) the only difference is that I was listening to it in Spanish. (= My Spanish is not terrible (actually I´m sure my grammar is terrible) but I can usually convey what I want to and understanding is coming too. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I understood of the conference. President Arredondo confirmed that yes Hermana Chinchilla is having changes this week. It will be good because Hna Chinchilla needs a new area, she feels like she´s contacted everyone here.

Hermana Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment