Monday, July 8, 2013

New Mission President

New things:

 Companion. She´s from Utah! Pleasant View, se llama Hermana Rochelle.
I bet one of us gets transferred this next change though because they usually don´t keep two gringos (that´s what all the white people are called here) together for too long. The people talk a lot slower to us because we´re both not native Spanish speakers. I think I´m going to get overconfident in Spanish skills, because right now I can understand most things, but funny, a week before I couldn´t... (= She´s really awesome and I´m learning tons from her. I´m in trouble when I go to other areas of Nicaragua. She served in Matagalpa and she says all the time how absolutely spoiled she feels. Once she said that Managua felt like she thinks Salt Lake would feel. She and I are both in for a shock. Me for when I go to a different area, poorer and with less accessibilities, and she for when she goes home. (= I came from the States and there is definitely a difference. Definitely experienced culture shock. 

President Collado.
 He wanted to meet us missionaries in Managua on Sunday and I love him! I could definitely feel the inspiration of his calling. He told us about a conference he and all the other mission presidents had with all of the 15 (the quorum of 12 and the 1st presidency). He said the spirit in that conference was incredible. He was describing it like this- I turned around and talked to Elder Bednar, and then turned around again and was talking to Elder Holland, and then... The thought of it just makes me shiver. that would be so incredible. He also said the Managua North Mission had gained a reputation. He said when he was asked by other mission presidents which mission he was serving in, they would all respond by saying that´s a really awesome mission. We baptize. a lot. The goal for the mission was 100 families a month as a mission. That´s a whole ton! When President Collado came and talked I could feel his inspiration. He´s only 38, has a wife and kids that we get to meet this week and looks so nice! 

I´m so blessed! I just can´t handle it! This week we started eating at a new food cita (for lunch). The member that´s cooking for us is a Chef. It´s so awesome. Every time I turn around it seems like I´m blessed twice over. 
Hemana Merrill

I love you guys so much! Thanks for the awesome letters! They give me animo (animation, excitement) for my whole week!

No comments:

Post a Comment