Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nicaragua to be flooded with Hermanas

 Not Ultimate but water balloon
 volleyball in the rain
We played ultimate frisbee this week with the zone! It was so fun, I love P-days!

P-day Fun
-

















Our Mission President said that Hermanas can go to Puerto Cabezas (the coast) now! Puerto Cabezas is soooo poor, and people speak mosquito when they go there. Previously they didn´t send Hermanas there because its supposed to be more dangerous. The people are so humble and ready for the gospel there though, the Elders who go to Puerto baptize many many families. It´s supposed to be so pretty, kind of a jungle. (The area I´m in right now is one of the richest areas in all of Nicaragua. The people are more intelligent, but are definitely harder to teach because they´re not as humble-- my companion had a hard time coming from her area of Matagalpa to here. We get a lot more rejection, and the people we teach definitely take a lot more work.) The first two Hermanas will go to Puerto this change in 2 and a half weeks. They´re already chosen, but nobody knows who they are. dun dun dun...

Our mission was chosen to be one of the missions with half Hermanas half Elders. A whole ton of Hermanas are going to be coming in and goodbye to the Elders. There are going to be so many training Hermanas! 

I´ve been here 5 months tomorrow, time passes so fast!

This week a returned missionary brought her brothers wife named Rosemary to church (we had had a FHE with them the night before). It was really cool because we had helped activate her 2 weeks before. She´s going to church and has a calling now! 

Love you all so much!!!
Hermana Merrill

P.S. I would love The red refill of the scripture marker pencil. (I use that one the most and because sometimes it gets jammed and breaks in half the pencil stuff I´m almost out of that color)

Doug, Congragulations! That is super tuanis and lots of work! Say hi to your kids to me.


Erika. Good luck in School, I´m sure you´re going to do fantastic! I love you. Remember to love every minute of it and don´t get married! 

Dallin
I can read behind those letters of yours and can feel in every part of my soul that you are so excited for school!!!

Nikki
Good work with all your softball. Thanks for being such a light! Never stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment