Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 2nd CCM letter

I just got an elder Holland talk and I feel like talking like Elder Holland right now! BTW dear elder mail is great, I can read your letters for longer, since we only have 30 minutes on the computer.

Today we went to the Central market as a p-day activity. I wish I could send you pics but we're not supposed to connect anything to the computer here. It was so fun to get out in the sun and see Guatemala. The temple trip today was so great as well!

Guess what?! our real investigator our district had been teaching for a week, was actually not real. He is our teacher. Thanks for nothing. (= He's actually a  real awesome teacher though and he really knows how to teach and he's upbeat and funny. Kind of a dramatic change from when we taught him. He was a real good actor! As a district we even fasted for him!!! MTC lies to us! Real good examples.

This week I got a bloody nose and a black eye. Rough place the MTC. (both times playing basketball) both at different times. I'm the music coordinator now that the past coordinator has left to the field. I haven't been told what I'm doing yet though. We're teaching all our lessons in total Spanish now. (Not that they are even anywhere near good, actually probably hardly if at all understandable). We have so many things to do during the day it's impossible to do it all! Even with having 16 hour days! My companion is awesome. She has the funniest sense of humor. No emotion in her voice when she's cracking a joke. It's hilarious. We've both got kind of strong personalities, and we are working on how to plan and work together better in lessons. My district is awesome! It's a hoot and a half all day long. Our class mascot is Marilla, Elder cooper's cat.

The Latina's that were my angelita's left today. I'm going to cry just writing about it. There names are Hermana Flores (she was the one I took through the temple for her first time), Hermana Zelada (she taught me so much Spanish and we talked all the time- besties), Hermana Morales (she was just the best ever, the quietest one, but she opened up a ton at the end), and Hermana Chavez (we got in pillow fights all the time).



I have a cold.  It's not that great. Today we saw a guy just walking goats down the street, traffic is crazy, the raw meat just hangs, and I love all the hand crafted things people make! The food here is great, I've had to get used to eating beans at breakfast, they had a chocolate fountain the other day, and we can have ice cream once a day. My pillow is real uncomfortable (=. We can only bring 70 pound to Nicaragua (we'll fly there). 

I love you! Heather Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment