Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15th CCM letter


Nikki- I'm so proud of you girl for getting your Newberry award! You go girl!
Dad- I got your letters, thank you so much!!! Letters are the best ever and they definately made my week!
Erika- I love that you wear the future missionary bracelet and it's crazy that there are 100 kids with mission calls! Tell everyone you know to go on a mission. It is an experience that will change your life. I grow so much every day, and really just come to an awareness of what my potential is, what my purpose is in life,
and what I can do to help others. This is an experience you can't get
anywhere else.
Mom-I haven't gotten the package )= 

I'm so happy you guys tried beans for breakfast. I just love it! 

What a mission is: A mission is first and foremost hard work. It is exhausting all day, every day. We work on improving every aspectof our lives from (thanks to Hermana Shultz, the physical therapist assistant) our posture, to our attitudes, focus, teaching, and most importantly learning the gospel. Every day I think I just find out how
much I don't know, more than how much I know. It is the hardest, most demanding experience, and yet I am happy all the time. I can feel the physical stress this has put on my body, but like in Mosiah, when the Lord lightens the burdens of his people, I am strengthened and made equal to the task. The Lord didn't take away the burden, but instead he made them stronger to handle it. I feel this is what the Lord has done for me. Throughout this cold and,, a 2 week long period (I'm on meds for that now). I have almost not felt the effects. I can feel the symptoms, but I still have energy to do all I am supposed to do.

Now, how bout A Day in the Life of Hermana Merrill: 
6:30- wake up, shower, get ready. 
7:30- breakfast (the eggs are so salty!)
The next 2 hours of the day are the best. Personal study and idioma study. I have a list of things I want to know/read by the end of my mission. I love learning! Sometimes during idioma study I go to the tutor and she helps me with the language.
10:00 we have TALL lab which helps us with spanish grammar. 
Then throughout the rest of the day we have lessons on the gospel, grammar
instruction, teaching our teachers, or devotionals on some days. I love the devotionals here at the CCM when the apostles speak to us because they speak so familiar with us, we are both on the same team and they are so open, frank and honest with us. I feel like we are friends (the devotionals are broadcast from Provo from a few months ago or so). During the day we have so much food! The boys in our class are still hungry all the time (=. 
Deportes you heard is so fun.
9-9:30: My day finishes with planning for the next day & getting ready for
bed. Oraccion with the girls (song and a prayer). Writing in my
journal. 
10:30.  Going to bed

Tommorow is P-day and I get to go to Walmart!! We get to write today because
there are too many people here.

 Love you lots, got to go Hermana Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment