Saturday, April 6, 2013

March 27th CCM letter


There was an earthquake 2 days ago (we heard a big noise). The
days are long at the CCM, but I never have enough time. I am learning
the language fast, but still not fast enough.

 My two most favorite things here. Number one, my ultimate favorite, is my Latina
Angelitas!!! The Latinas in my room are seriously angels. We are
nothing less than family now. They help me a ton with my spanish. It
is a continuous game of charades. We first became friends during
desportes (sport time), My second favorite thing here at the CCM. We
do ab workouts together. I will cry when they leave in a week. We have
to prepare talks every week (not knowing if we´ll give it or not, they
call us at random) and we do switches with the Latinos. The companion
I had, helped me with my talk and put a marker in my scripture in D&C
31:3. Look it up, they are angels, seriously.

My teacher is Latino and can speak english but not perfectly. Se helps us with english for sure
though. (I actually kind of wish she would speak more in Spanish then
she does). We were teaching an investigator this week. His name is
Raul. At first our district was frustrated with him, because he had no
background in the gospel and seemed disinterested. But when our
district came together and really thought and prayed about him, and
focused on his needs, we could finally teach with the spirit and he
truly felt the spirit. We don´t get to teach him after next week.
Lame. )= He goes over to  the real missionaries. That will probably be
the best though. He would get 5 different lessons from us in one
night. (one from each companionship in our district). Our district is awesome.

They feed us well. A lot of food. My pillow is hard. I love it here. 

Love you all! Got to go! Hermana Merrill



No comments:

Post a Comment